Yemen Reports 181 Operations Against Houthi Targets
Yemen’s armed forces said on Sunday that they had carried out 181 military operations against Houthi positions during the previous 24 hours, marking a sharp escalation in fighting across several front lines, according to Arab News.
Army spokesperson Colonel Majed Al-Nazili said the operations targeted Houthi military sites, firing positions and equipment used in attacks along the contact lines. He said the strikes had killed or wounded dozens of Houthi fighters and destroyed military vehicles and other equipment. The army also reported operations in Taiz, Marib, Abyan, Al-Dhalea and Al-Hudaydah.
Al-Nazili said the armed forces were prepared to identify and stop threats whenever and wherever military commanders considered necessary. He praised the units involved, saying they had acted with discipline and efficiency while following international humanitarian law and taking precautions to protect civilians.
The army again urged Yemeni civilians to keep away from Houthi military sites, facilities and gatherings. It said its forces were operating at a high level of readiness and could take the initiative or change the balance on the battlefield.
Military sources told Al Arabiya that about 200 Houthi fighters had been killed during the previous 48 hours in drone strikes and clashes, mainly on the Taiz and Marib fronts. Many were reportedly deployed near Al-Barh and Maqbanah, while others were linked to the Houthi Al-Samad Brigade. These figures could not be independently verified.
The sources also claimed that many bodies had reached hospitals in Sana’a and that the Houthis had buried more than 184 fighters during the previous week, including 64 officers.
They further alleged that hundreds of prisoners had been released on the condition that they join the fighting. About 850 prisoners were reportedly freed from facilities in Sa’ada, Hajjah and Sana’a, while preparations were allegedly under way to release another 1,400 from Dhamar.
The latest reports underline the growing intensity of Yemen’s conflict, with civilians again caught between military threats and widening battles. Recent reporting has also described a broader escalation involving attacks on military positions and civilian infrastructure.

