MUZAFFARABAD: According to the social Media sources and reports, the emotions of the protesting peoples are boiling and the situation is escalting after the government crack down on protesters.
The meeting of the core committee of the Awami Action Committee came to an end with important decision.
The following declaration was issued in the light of free electricity, subsidy on other food items including flour, abolition of privileges of the ruling classes and other demands.
- The ongoing peaceful movement, which has been going on for the past several months, has strongly condemned the government for violence, arrests, crackdown on peaceful sit-ins, raids on houses, chador and violating the sanctity of four walls.
- Against this state terrorism committed by the government and to achieve the demands, it has been announced to organize a wheel jam and shutter down strike and protest rallies at the state level on October 5.
- To take the ongoing movement forward, protest rallies of women and children will be organized across the state on October 10.
- On October 17, peaceful protest rallies of students will be organized by all student organizations.
- Protests will be held across the state on October 28.
- In order to achieve the demands, the Charter of Demand would be sent to the Secretary General of the United Nations, Amnesty International, OIC and other human rights organizations including the President of Pakistan, Prime Minister of Pakistan, Army Chief of Pakistan, Chief Justice of Pakistan, Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, The heads of all political parties of Pakistan, Vice Chairman Bar Council of Pakistan, President of Azad Kashmir, Prime Minister of Azad Kashmir, Members of Assembly of Azad Kashmir, Chief Minister of Gilgit-Baltistan and Members of Assembly and all political parties of Azad Kashmir will be sent in writing.
- The protest sit-ins of the peaceful people’s movement in Azad Kashmir will be continued again.
- Until the demands are met, the boycott of electricity bills will be continue for an indefinite period and black flags will be hoisted on houses, streets, markets, vehicles etc.
- The arrival of FC, PC or other paramilitary forces from Pakistan to crush the peaceful movement of the oppressed and subjugated people in the peaceful region of Azad Kashmir will be considered as an external attack on the state and the people have been appealed against that.
- In response to the disconnection of electricity by the government, a drive to remove meters would be launched.
- In the meeting, the working people of Pakistan have been appealed to support the movement of the subjugated and oppressed residents of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The individuals and organizations facilitating the government in the ongoing movement will be considered enemies of the movement and the traitors of the people.
- Central Awami Committee shall be written and read as (Jammu Kashmir Joint Awami Action Committee).
- If the series of baseless cases, unjustified arrests, crackdown on peaceful sit-ins, raids and violation of sanctity of chadar and four walls is not stopped, Jail Bharu movement (voluntary arrests) will be started across the state.
The mysterious silence and indifference of all the political fractions of AJK to the current crisis is very significant. In the current crisis, the Azad Kashmir Legislative Assembly, which has always been a contender for public representation, is completely lost. Neither the assembly members appear in any public gathering nor any statement of any assembly member or minister except the Prime Minister is seen in the media.
In present senario the neutral and liberal forces should come forward for mediation to stop the escalation of violence and to save precious life and property of innocent people.