Knife attack in Vienna, Suspect in custody, anxious about family

Knife attack in Vienna, Suspect in custody, anxious about family

Austria Comments Off 70
Print Friendly

VIENNA: After the terrible scenes that took place on Wednesday evening on the Prater street in Vienna’s 2nd district, police investigations are still in full swing. As previously reported, an unknown person had stabbed a family of three in front of the Metro station of the underground station Nestroyplatz.

While the 67-year-old man seems to be fighting for his life, his wife is now out of danger. There is no information about the condition of the daughter, who is just 17 years old. After another knife attack near the first crime scene, a 23-year-old Afghan was arrested as a suspect. It should act according to information of the “Krone” to the same perpetrator.

Police spokesman Patrick Maierhofer told krone on Thursday morning that they have been dealing with bloody incident since the night, to interrogate witnesses. “We also watch videos, such as surveillance cameras, to get more information about the perpetrator and the crime,” said Maierhofer.

As reported, an unknown man had stormed to a three-member family at around 19:45 in front of the subway entrance and had first stabbed his 67-year-old father, who severly injured fell on thte ground after the attack. He reportedly suffered a kidney injury, according to information from the “Krone” and had to be put into an artificial coma, is still in life threat.

56-year-old in intensive care

Also on his 56-year-old wife, the knife attack went off, as well as the 17-year-old daughter of the couple. “The 56-year-old is currently in intensive care, she is out of danger,” reported a spokeswoman for the General Hospital Vienna Thursday morning to krone.

According to information from, the woman had suffered defensive injuries to arms, legs and upper body, the 17-year-old had similar injuries after the attack. So far, nothing is known about her health.

After the attack, the culprit ran away in the direction of Praterstern, immediately a search for the unknown was initiated. After a short while, another man not far from the crime scene suffered severe stabbing injuries in front of a food stall.

The alleged perpetrator was arrested a little later, he is a 23-year-old from Afghanistan. According to information he may also be responsible for the bloody deed in the Praterstraße.__Krone Zeitung

(Visited 72 times, 1 visits today)

Author

Back to Top